There will be no practices for the remainder of this week.
At Rockport Fulton Athletics, we have always been committed to providing a safe environment where our athletes can come together to create unforgettable shared experiences. Our coaches and our student athletes are what is most important to us, and their safety remains our top priority.
As we continue to practice without competition, we understand that you may have some questions when it comes to what we're doing in response to news surrounding COVID-19 (commonly known as novel coronavirus). Over the last several weeks, we have been following the guidelines and procedures outlined by the CDC, UIL, WHO and regulatory agencies in addition to taking extra steps to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all athletes. As details continue to evolve, we want to share additional safety measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our Rockport Fulton family.
• We are conducting regular and frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas in our venues (including weights, baseball / softball helmets, bats, starting blocks, batons, golf clubs, countertops).
• We are supplying hand sanitizer throughout our venues.
• We are providing disinfectant wipes as available to athletes upon request.
• We are reinforcing illness prevention procedures with all athletes as recommended by the medical community, including frequent handwashing, avoiding contact with your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
• We are instructing all who are exhibiting symptoms of illness to stay home or seek care from a medical provider when necessary.
We encourage you to review additional information and guidelines available at www.cdc.gov, www.who.int or your local health department website.
Here at Rockport Fulton Athletics we are dedicated to providing experiences built on community, inclusiveness and fun. At the heart of this is our commitment to create meaningful experiences for our athletes and we are committed to continuing to do this safely and responsibly.
Rockport Fulton Athletics